Members of the CSaP Network come together to run workshops focussing on various aspects of the connections between research and public policy. These workshops vary in size and format depending on the kind of conversation required, and each covers one or more of our themes.
Emerging technologies and society
Global resources and sustainability
- The Values and Valuation of Natural Capital, co-organised with the Cambridge Conservation Initiative (write-up)
- Global Resources and Clean Energy, an event co-organised with REIL (the Renewable Energy and International Law network) (write-up)
- Research, Policy & Practice for Innovation in the High-Tech Economy (write-up)
- How new approaches to innovation can help deliver growth and a better society, co-organised with the UK Innovation Research Centre.
Research, evidence and policy
- Science and Policy Key Research Questions, an event organised by CSaP with Susan Owens, Bill Sutherland, Rob Doubleday, Keith Richards and Michael Bravo, that sought to identify key research questions on the relationship between science and policy (write-up)
- Science on the Inside, a joint event with the Government Office for Science that explored a range of experiences – from both scientists and non-scientists – of the role of science and research in government (write-up)
- Working on the Inside, held in Cambridge with Univesrity researchers who recalled their time working in govenrment (write-up)