The Professional Development Programme introduces early career researchers to the world of policy and promotes relationships between early career researchers and early career policy professionals.
- Professional Development Policy Seminars in which early career researchers explore the opportunities for and realities of engaging with policy
- Follow-up with the most enthusiastic and qualified individuals to help them to engage with policy professionals
- Professional Development networking events linking young researchers with young policy professionals.
- To grow a community of policy-savvy young researchers
- To grow a community of research-savvy young policy professionals
- To develop better connections between early career policy professionals and researchers
- To enable young peers in government and academia to develop their careers in a networked context.