Non-Executive Director, FCO Services
Policy Leaders Fellow, Centre for Science and Policy
Prior to becoming Non-Executive Director, FCO Services, Joy Hutcheon was Director General for Finance and Corporate Performance at the Department for International Development, responsible for the following areas: finance, control and assurance; strategy; procurement and commercial activity; programme management oversight; human resources; business solutions (IT); security and facilities.
Before taking on the role, Joy held a number of positions within DFID including:
- Director General, Country Programmes (2011 to 2015)
- Director, East and Central Africa (2009 to 2011)
- Head of DFID Zambia (2007 to 2009)
- Director of Communications, Research and Evaluation (2005 to 2007)
- Head of Western Asia Department (2003 to 2005)
Joy previously worked in the Cabinet Office, the Office of Passenger Rail Franchising and the Home Office.