Director General for Finance and Corporate Performance, Department for International Development
Joy Hutcheon is Director General for Finance and Corporate Performance at the Department for International Development. She was appointed in January 2016.
The Director General for Finance and Corporate Performance is responsible for the following areas: finance, control and assurance; strategy; procurement and commercial activity; programme management oversight; human resources; business solutions (IT); security and facilities.
Before taking on the role, Joy held a number of positions within DFID including:
- Director General, Country Programmes (2011 to 2015)
- Director, East and Central Africa (2009 to 2011)
- Head of DFID Zambia (2007 to 2009)
- Director of Communications, Research and Evaluation (2005 to 2007)
- Head of Western Asia Department (2003 to 2005)
Joy previously worked in the Cabinet Office, the Office of Passenger Rail Franchising and the Home Office.