Behaviour and energy efficiency
The Centre for Science and Policy in partnership with DECC is planning a policy workshop in London on 8 September to consider the uptake of energy efficiency measures and post-installation behaviour. The aim of the workshop will be to generate some new ideas and lay the groundwork for some effective policies in this area. The Centre has been liaising with leading experts to generate a set of ideas on which to base discussion on the day.
The two key questions that the workshop will consider are:
- How best can both uptake of energy efficiency measures AND post-installation behaviour be optimised?
- What role can and should local communities be playing in changing people's behaviour and helping government meet its climate and energy targets?
The institutions taking part in this exercise include:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Cardiff
- University College London
- University of East Anglia
- University of Exeter
- University of Lancaster
- University of Sussex
- AD Research & Analysis Ltd
- 16:00 Arrival
- 16:15 Welcome & Introductions - Dr Chris Tyler CSaP
- 16:25 What's the problem?
- 16:30 Presentation of ideas - Dr Philip Guildford University of Cambridge
- 16:40 Discussion
- 18:40 Conclusions - Dr Tim Chatterton DECC
- 18:45 Drinks
- 19:15 Dinner & further discussion
- 21:00 Close
Participation at this workshop is by invitation only. For more information please email: email@example.com.