The Cambridge Zero Policy Forum convened a roundtable discussion in November 2022 with a panel of academics and members of Cambridgeshire County Council to explore questions posed by stakeholders on changing organisational behaviours, particularly in the context of net zero.
This roundtable discussion, chaired by Emily Farnworth (Director, Centre for Climate Engagement, Hughes Hall) was convened with the aim of identifying useful tools and strategies to facilitate the behavioural and cultural changes necessary for the County Council to reach its ambitious climate targets.
Participants sought to address questions including:
- How can we create organisational change, using people to shift the organisation’s behaviour and culture?
- How can an ambassador role empower all staff to lead change and impact the wider community?
- What could trigger behaviour change within the organisation and the wider community?
- What examples of organisational behaviour change can we learn from?
- What theoretical frameworks can be applied within the organisation to encourage a culture shift?
The report of this event is available to read here.