CSaP is working with the Government Office for Science to deliver a Policy Workshop for their Foresight Project looking into the future of mobility in the UK
22 February 2017 at the Pitt Building and Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge
The Government Office for Science is undertaking a Foresight Project on the future of mobility. This project will bring together cutting-edge academic research, industry expertise and policy making to consider the future transport landscape. The project will work with policy makers to consider what this evidence base means for policy development in this area. Further to this, by assessing and prioritising key trends in mobility, a set of future scenarios wil be developed and their consequences analysed. Among other themes, the project will examine the social and demographic drivers changing the future transport landscape.
The purpose of this Policy Workshop is to:
- Provide participants with an opportunity to share their latest research and policy insights, exploring social and demogrpahic issues and key trends in mobility, and discussing areas of uncertainty.
- Help idenitfy critical uncertainties as well as any potential issue GO Science should be investigating in detail.
- Develop an understanding of the social and demographic trends and driver of change shaping the transport system of the future and consider these in the context of emerging technologies.
- Gain insight into people's behaviours and attitudes towards mobility.
- Assess which social changes are certain and identify which are less certain and to think about these through the lens of different scenarios